2.13.2016

Plano gets "Go Ape!" zipline and treetop obstacle courses


"Go Ape" Zip Line is coming to Plano!!!

I've been wanted to go to Costa Rica and do the zip line over the beautiful forest there someday, but this one will do for now.

The best part? I can walk to it from my home :)

It's in the Oak Point Nature Reserve, along the creek, a bit off the paved trail which circles around the pond(or lake?).

When I first heard about it, I thought "Oh, that's cute. It got to be a short zip line for little kids..."
Boy, was I underestimating Plano Park & Rec's dedication to provide over the top (pun intended) outdoor activities for us residents.

Not only it has four or five zip lines (and at least one zips across the creek), but also quite many over the canopy obstacle courses. My daughter and I agreed that this was something our family would love to do together. It would be even more beautiful once all the trees bud out and the canopy turns green!

If you don't live nearby, don't fret. Just drive to Oak Point Nature and Retreat Center at 5901 Los Rios Blvd, Plano, TX 75074. There are plenty parking spots there. And the Retreat Center is a cool place to chill. "Go Ape" is just a short walk from there.

To guarantee the spot for "Go Ape", you might want to reserve here. Enjoy your inner "Ape"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment