3.23.2018

Texas, my home!





I've been living and working in Texas for almost a quarter-century.

No, it was not planned...

My dream country since childhood was Australia.
I had wonderful experiences there. Great memories.
I was working on and close to move there as I had planned for a long time.

Well, life happens.

When I moved to Dallas, Texas, I had no idea what Texas was like. Cactus and cowboys on horses were just about the images I had.
The first night, we had torrential rain. Roads became rivers and I was horrified.
I had two babies and one toddler at my toe, needless to say, was overwhelmed.
I remember crying "What's in the world I was thinking to agree to come to the place like this!"

The thing is...Plano, Texas, where I've been living since, turned out to be a wonderful place to raise children (my treasures), really a great place to live and is getting better and better!

That's how the title, Iitoko Dallas and then Iitoko Texas came about. Iitoko means "good place" in Japanese.

I love here, warts and all.
I am a proud transplanted Texan.
"Home is where the heart is."
This is my home.


No comments:

Post a Comment