12.13.2019

Holding onto it or saying goodbye?


I've been using this ball cap last fifteen years or so. It's the only one I have. I've been taking it everywhere from my daily walks to my latest trip to Australia.

It's still perfectly functional and clean. A little bit of fraying showed up after yesterday's wash. I know what I am going to do... just mend it with a needle and thread.

I tend to keep things for a long time. When we entered our elementary school, we all received a plastic pencil case, a blue one for a boy and a pink one for a girl (typical!). A cheap semi-translucent plastic, which would break easily if you step on it accidentally. I used it every day and took good care of it. I graduated from elementary school with it, still in good working condition.

Believing in sustainability, this should be a good trait to have. But, is it really?

I have learned, sometimes, it's better to say goodbye a lot sooner. Especially, when holding onto it prolonged your suffering.

Now I know if something is good (for me, my life, my future, my family, friends and everything I care about), I'd keep it. If not, I'd say goodbye. So, I can move forward and find something better.

I'd keep this ball cap for a while, though.








No comments:

Post a Comment