11.08.2020

Why speak your mind? 4 - Carefully and truthfully

 


Trump lost. “Time to Heal”, Biden said.

Let it heal. Then, reflect on what happened in the last four years, how we let that happen, how that affected us. And, ask if we want that to happen again.


I went through that process three years ago. It is nothing strange. I just happen to let someone with the same personality type tyrannize me for decades and got out a few years before our nation did. 


As I healed, I started to speak my mind again - carefully and truthfully as I could. Then things started to change. I was able to put closures to the things that had been in my mind for a long time. Endless efforts that used to go nowhere started to bring some results. Now I feel solid ground under my feet again and ready to build things up from here. Most importantly, I no longer feel all alone in the darkness even in this COVID-19 induced isolation. 


Speaking our mind carefully and truthfully affects whether potential tyrants stay just potentials or become full blown tyrants to us. At least, that has been my experience, and I should have learned a lesson or two from that.




No comments:

Post a Comment